Saturday, March 26, 2016


 Couponing in College
To many people, they may think that couponing is only for the poor. In some instances, they may be correct. Couponing helps to save money and make ends meet for those that are struggling. Although, couponing comes in handy for everyone, especially college students. I am first year student at the University of California Davis. I am a walk-on football player.  As a walk-on, I do not receive a scholarship as do other student athletes. As a result, I pay for my own college education like a regular student. I am trying to win the Couponing in College scholarship.  Therefore, coupons are especially important to me because the more money that I can save the easier it will be for me to pay for college.
Coupons can be found just about anywhere; online, in newspapers, or on your phone, yet people do not take advantage of them. First off, you must acquire all of the coupons you can. Do not disregard any as they may be useful in the future. Secondly, you have to keep your coupons in order so that you can utilize them whenever you go out to purchase items in stores. That is, have all of your coupons categorized accordingly with each store. If saving money in college is your prime objective, then in every instance before you purchase items you will stop and think about how I can receive a discounted price or how I can pay less.
            In my experience with couponing, I would always go to the store with my mother. Before we would head out to various stores, she would plan out all of the items that we would purchase and which coupons that would apply to them. This ended up saving my family countless dollars that could then be put towards other things.  Now in Davis, as a student I can receive special discounts at certain stores. For example, at the T&M bike shop, the owner gives a discount on tires and inner tubes for students that show their student ID’s. This is an invaluable resource in Davis because a bike is crucial in navigating around the largest UC campus.

            Couponing is the key to success. Let me explain. If having a college degree in this era is the basic necessity to earn a job, and you have to pay for your education, then yes. Couponing is the key to success in that it helps to save you more money than you think. While in college, students usually do not have a whole lot of extra spending money. By using coupons accordingly, they can make more of their money stretch. All in all, couponing has numerous benefits that people do not truly tap into. People should not be ashamed of using coupons because of the negative connotation that goes with it. People are not poor for using coupons but rather they are smart for using the resources in this world to the best of their ability. Do not listen to what others think about you because in the end you will be the prosperous one saving money. 

(https://dealspotr.com/scholarship-giveaway)

No comments:

Post a Comment